Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cover Letter for Assistant Golf Professional

A sample Cover Letter for a Golf Industry Professional

Dear Sir:

While working at the Nevada White Yacht Club, I became acquainted with Jacob Saunders, a golf enthusiast from your organization which I have assisted during his stay at the country club. At this time, I am actively pursuing opportunities in the golf industry and I've heard about your openings at the newly acquired Los Palmas Golf & Country Club.

I am a seasoned Assistant Golf Professional who is passionate about the sport. I manage the daily golf operations at the country club which includes player registration, events and tournaments. I prepare for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart signs, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, pairing sheets and hole assignments.

In addition, I handle promotions, merchandising and marketing initiatives, managing the final leg of the recent Amstatt Tours. I also provide golf instruction for members and serve as a player's assistant when needed. I have experience with various computerized POS, reservation and tournament software systems which handles members and guests billing. Best of all, I am highly motivated and detailed-oriented individual.

I have enclosed my resume which details my accomplishments as a Golf Industry Professional. Should there be needs within your organization which might benefit from my background, I would enjoy visiting you. I will follow-up with a telephone call in the upcoming week and look forward to speaking to you at that time.

Sincerely,
James McMuff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. It was helpful as I am applying for Landscape/Golf Internships. Do you know some more critical things to have in a cover letter and resume while you are still a student at a university? I am going into Landscape/Golf Management.

madhatter said...

As a student at a university, most recruiters understand you don't have work experience. So highlight your key skills. These may include organizational skills, event planning skills and technical skills with the computer. Best of luck!

Check it Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...