Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cover Letter for an Actor

A sample coverletter for an actor, performer, theater actor, thespian or extra- outlining all his roles and acting projects. A good starting point in seeking out acting jobs in the entertainment and production industry.

Dear Casting Director,

I'm Mark Cabot.

Through Logan Meyers, a producer whom I met on the set of the film FastLanes, I was informed that you are currently casting for a 30 year-old biracial male who can play the part of an Irish loan shark. I hope you would allow me a chance to come for an audition.

I first pursued my acting interests under auteur Louis Dallas who inspired me to take this discipline to a whole new level. As I decided to study theater at the University of Belmonte, I became part of the Dramaturgy Society of which I was given considerable roles in a number of their Shakespearean plays- The Merchant of Venice, Othello and Romeo & Juliet. These experiences, both from theater and production, taught me patience, dedication and versatility. It made me appreciate my passion for the arts, and more than anything it gave me the bearing I needed as an actor.

Over the next few years, I auditioned earnestly and gain significant character roles in independent features (Lost Knight, This Life Alone and Taxidermy Dreamboat). Today, I am a professional actor with an active career television (The Cable Show, Thursday Nights Off, NCMIS: Victims & Lawyers) and stints in regional theater (The Montagne Musicale Theatre and the Feyton Improv Guild). I am a Union and SAG member for over 4 years. Attached is my filmmography.

I have great respect for this industry and in return, I offer my professionalism, talent and punctuality. If you believe, there is a role I could embody, I am available for screen tests and readings. Do give my agent, Dick Lucas from the DNM Agency - a call.

I sincerely look forward in meeting you.

All the best,
Mark Cabot

No comments:

Check it Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...