Monday, August 9, 2010

Cover Letter for Moms Seeking Work After Long Employment Gap


Moms returning to the Workforce are faced with the special circumstance of explaining their long employment gap. Moms should not feel that leaving years of work for their children is a crime. I do not know why this should even be an issue with employers or headhunters. Moms are incredible and hardworking to begin with that they are capable of juggling so much work and responsibilties. So why would you not consider hiring one? In fact, the most committed employees are the parent-types who would not just abandoned their jobs for anything.



Dear Ma'am,

My name is Amanda Gale. I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past few years and now I'm ready to take on a full-time career in Marketing and Online Sales. Though joining the workforce may prove to be such a big change for any parent, I am quite determine to learn and earn my way back. I am a reliable, organized, fast worker. My biggest professional accomplishment was being part of the United States Navy as a Shipboard Mechanic prior to settling down and having children. While at home, I diligently pursued my degree in Marketing at Culver College and even set up my online gift delivery business RedRosesGifts.com.

It was in managing RedRosesGifts.com that I learned hands-on the complexities of handling a business enterprise. Here I developed my own time management system which made my household and home office more organized.

On the web development aspect of RedRosesGifts.com, I've learned to be up-to-date with the latest Search engine optimization (SEO) technqiues, I became mindful of Pay Per Click (PPC), keyword density, tagging and linkbuilding, these are ways to target user traffic for my website. I became very active in social media networks (facebook, twitter, myspace) in order to promote my services and update clients with my new catalog. RedRosesGifts.com is not all about profit, but my own attempt at preparing myself towards my return to the work force.

I am deeply committed, positive and resourceful particularly when it comes to creating new ideas and solving problems. My assertive and persuasive manner when it comes to sales are perfect in this line of work.

I would be delighted to talk about the Marketing position with you in person and any other concerns you might have. I may be reached at 555-973-987 or thru email amandagalestevens@yahoo.com

I hope you would seriously consider my application. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Amanda Gale

No comments:

Check it Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...